cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2015.4 XST

Started a new project.  Synthesized with XST.  No errors or critical warnings but a second or two after completion the Status always goes to Out-of-date without me doing anything?

Anyone have any idea what is happening

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

I'm not sure about Vivado, but in ISE the out-of-date status was simply based on file system date for sources with respect to file system date of built files.  If the sources are remote (on another computer in your network) their file-system date is based on the other machine's clock.  Improper clock settings (wrong time zone or DST) can cause the date to be in the future with respect to your own machine and then the source appears to have "updated" since the last build.  The same could happen if the project directory was remote and sources were local.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Well yes they were brought in from another system but all the sources are at least 2 days old now so thats not it.

Just re-ran XST and it does it everytime.  Finishes just fine and then a second or 2 later goes out-of-date.  Surely XST does not write to source files!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Do you have IP Integrator files in this build?  The only other thing I can find in the forums is noted in the second post of this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/synthesis-and-implementation-out-of-date/m-p/456968/highlight/true#M8973

Apparently IP that has not been updated to the latest revision can also cause the synthesis to show out of date.  That thread referenced a much earlier version of Vivado, though.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos