UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor rjkuba
Visitor

Vivado 2015 synthesis report not showing the parameter bound information in a design

Jump to solution
AR# 62881 Why does the Vivado synthesis report not show the parameter bound information in my design?
I did not find this useful because I am seeing (in Vivado 2015.2) the synthesis log (filename.vds) from one supplier with the parameters shown and from another supplier no parameters show.  And the files containing these modules are not encrypted:

e.g. When they are shown it looks like this:
INFO: [Synth 8-638] synthesizing module 'axi_protocol_converter_v2_1_axi_protocol_converter' ...(filename path and file)
Parameter C_FAMILY bound to: zynq - type: string
:many more Parameters shown
:down to...
Parameter P_CONVERSION bound to: 2 - type: integer

When not shown, no Parameters, just:
INFO: [Synth 8-638] synthesizing module ....
INFO: [Synth 8-256] done synthesizing module ...

In there a synthesis switch to suppress these Parameters from being shown?  Why am I not seeing these from the other designer?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2015 synthesis report not showing the parameter bound information in a design

Jump to solution

The early versions of Vivado did display all parameter values during synthesis.

At Version XXXX.X Vivado began limitting parameter value displays.  If your design contained ANY module that was encrypted, then Vivado prevented the display of ANY parameter value (from any module) during synthesis.  We (and others) complained.

So in Version YYYY.Y Vivado did the more proper thing, and only prevented the display of parameter values for just the respective modules that were encrypted.  All other (non-encrypted modules) would revert to the previous behaviour of displaying parameter values.

I don't recall which specific versions of Vivado were XXXX.X above, and YYYY.Y where these changes occured.  But it's apparent from your results that 2015.2 fits in the "display nothing" realm.

Upgrade to 2018.3.1 - I can say with confidence that the parameters are shown in this current version of Vivado.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2015 synthesis report not showing the parameter bound information in a design

Jump to solution

The early versions of Vivado did display all parameter values during synthesis.

At Version XXXX.X Vivado began limitting parameter value displays.  If your design contained ANY module that was encrypted, then Vivado prevented the display of ANY parameter value (from any module) during synthesis.  We (and others) complained.

So in Version YYYY.Y Vivado did the more proper thing, and only prevented the display of parameter values for just the respective modules that were encrypted.  All other (non-encrypted modules) would revert to the previous behaviour of displaying parameter values.

I don't recall which specific versions of Vivado were XXXX.X above, and YYYY.Y where these changes occured.  But it's apparent from your results that 2015.2 fits in the "display nothing" realm.

Upgrade to 2018.3.1 - I can say with confidence that the parameters are shown in this current version of Vivado.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Visitor rjkuba
Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks for the news.  2015.2 does show all parameters (including encrypted cores).  2016.2 shows nothing.  2018.3 + will be the target.

0 Kudos