Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglas.yamamoto
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2017.4 Synthesis/Implementation

Jump to solution

Once Vivado performs a synthesis of a design, you can view the Design Run window and see how many LUT's, FF's, CLB's, etc. have been allocated to each module instance.  My question was if these numbers (LUT, FF, CLB count) remain fixed throughout the implementation process, or if there is any further resource optimization as Vivado attempts to find an appropriate implementation on the board.    Just trying to get a better idea of if some modules need some overhaul for the final implementation.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xilinxacct
Professor
Professor

@douglas.yamamoto

If I understand your question... the result of the synthesis will have a utilization number, and the result of the implementation will have a final utilization number. But, note: The 'strategy' used will potential change the utilization, and to meet timing you may for example split the use of resources to better route, so that 'final' implementation on the 'final' route, will have the 'final' number.

Hope that helps

If so, please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
xilinxacct
Professor
Professor

@douglas.yamamoto

If I understand your question... the result of the synthesis will have a utilization number, and the result of the implementation will have a final utilization number. But, note: The 'strategy' used will potential change the utilization, and to meet timing you may for example split the use of resources to better route, so that 'final' implementation on the 'final' route, will have the 'final' number.

Hope that helps

If so, please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

View solution in original post

douglas.yamamoto
Contributor
Contributor

That answers my question exactly, thank you!

0 Kudos