UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant afgarrido
Participant

Vivado 2018.1 unable to run as administrator?

There is some bug during Synthesis which reports the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finished RTL Optimization Phase 2 : Time (s): cpu = 00:01:26 ; elapsed = 00:01:25 . Memory (MB): peak = 0.000 ; gain = 0.000
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't get time (Fatal error in ..\abktimer.cxx:146)
The random seed for this run was 4294967295

To solve this issue running as administrator seems to fix the issue.  At least this is the case with vivado 2017.2

When vivado properly runs as administrator as for the 2017 version I see the following message when activating the "run as administrator" windows option.  

Capture.PNG

which hitting yes activates vivado thereby bypassing this synthesis error. 

However when running 2018.1 the same fashion does not produce this message.  Also setting vvgl.exe to always run as administrator also creates a new error:

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Is there some other way to open Vivado 2018.1 as administrator or fix this error message?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2018.1 unable to run as administrator?

You haven't said what version of Windows you are running.   I'm guessing Windows 10, which is semi-notorious for having application problems after updates.   I would try installing Vivado 2018.1 in Adminsistrator mode..   (i.e. run the installer as Admin).      There are some weird work arounds available for Win10 (if that's what you are using).

i.e.  https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69908.html

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
Participant afgarrido
Participant

Oh sorry about that,  Windows 7.

I did try re-installing 2018.1 in administrator mode but arrived at the same problem.

0 Kudos

Hi @afgarrido,

can you try with uninstalling visual C++ redistributable for visual studio 2015 and install it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145 on your machine and then check?

Make sure you restart your machine after installing it and then check.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Participant afgarrido
Participant

I uninstalled visual C++ redistributable for visual studio 2015, restarted

re-installed visual C++ redistributable for visual studio 2015 restarted

and attempted to run vivado 2018.1 with administrator but arrived at the same issue.  

Somehow vivado will get to this error during synthesis: 

Finished RTL Optimization Phase 2 : Time (s): cpu = 00:01:25 ; elapsed = 00:01:25 . Memory (MB): peak = 0.000 ; gain = 0.000

Can't get time (Fatal error in ..\abktimer.cxx:146)
The random seed for this run was 4294967295

but can be solved if I run as administrator...  unfortunately I'm still unable to run vivado 2018.1 as administrator.   I've been getting by using 2017.2 as adminstrator however most of my builds have already been created using vivado 2018.1

Is there way to be sure I am running 2018.1 correctly or a solutions to the abktimer.cxx error?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant afgarrido
Participant

To anyone having this problem I believe it was something to do with the company's security software.  Some updates to that have fixed the issue from happening again.  Talk to your IT department if this is happening.  Just FYI

0 Kudos