UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Vivado 2018.2 , multi tasking NOT

have a design, with many IP blocks in it

in the GUI, 

I modify one of the IP's , ( a clock wizard in this case , need to change a clock frequency )

then say generate, 

away it goes, I click on background, 

great

While thats running, I want to modify another , a different IP block ( this one a fifo )

I double click the fifo I have, but nothing happens, 

The little circles go around and around, and I get another coffee and wait whilst vivado sorts itself out...

When its finished generating the clock, it alows me ( very nice of it ) to double click on the fifo , to modify it.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2018.2 , multi tasking NOT

If you want true parallel synthesis,  you'll need to move to a scripted flow, possibly using parallel make to generate multiple DCP files that are combined before running place and route.    It's a complicated problem, and there are serious issues with passing generic parameters from the top of the hierarchy down to the bottom.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Vivado 2018.2 , multi tasking NOT

I dont want parallel makes,

I just dont want one tool to be blocked because another is running,

why cant' I re configure an IP block whilst another is being synthesis ed ?

sounds like bad programming to me, not a fundamental .

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>