UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado Crashes/Closes when I synthesize

Jump to solution

I have taken recent ownership of a design that is taken from a non Xilinx FPGA. In that domain the project synthesizes, places and routes and works on the bench. When I port the RTL files to Vivado 2017.3, after a couple of minutes into synthesis, Vivado (and any other separate Vivado windows) close. I don't see any error/log files to help debug the problem.

The code has no technology dependent primitives, just 2 clock domains but I did remove a math_real libary call (ceil). I also note that the toplevel has some 2D arrays rather than std_logic_vectors. It is not my preference to have this, but in the other non Xilinx project, Synplify was OK with this.

Any tips on finding what is causing the synthesis tool to be upset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado Crashes/Closes when I synthesize

Jump to solution

Hi @cbemlahe,

Checked your project with Vivado 2017.3.

It seems like a memory allocation issue. 

You can reduce the index ranges of the arrays and signals which may help to overcome this crash.

memalloc.JPGI have commented some module in top level and sent you via ezmove which passes synthesis. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and accept it as solution if your issue gets resolved.
7 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @cbemlahe,

Please give a try in latest Vivado version (2018.2) and if you are still facing the issue then please share us the archived project to debug further.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@cbemlahe

Can you please share the complete Synthesis log file?

Thanks
Anusheel 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately my employer is not going to update our license(.....) so I am stuck on 2017 version. I wonder if I can try a webpack version.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @cbemlahe,

Then please provide the archived project to evaluate it at our end. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and accept it as solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @cbemlahe,

Checked your project with Vivado 2017.3.

It seems like a memory allocation issue. 

You can reduce the index ranges of the arrays and signals which may help to overcome this crash.

memalloc.JPGI have commented some module in top level and sent you via ezmove which passes synthesis. 

Regards,
hemangd

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Brilliant - thank you for the help!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @cbemlahe,

You may close this thread by marking it as accepted solution if you do not have further queries on it.

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos