UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado Synthesis "Requires" Connection To Verilog Module Output Ports!

Jump to solution

When instantiating in Verilog a RAMB36E2 primitive, which has a total of 54 input and output ports, but leaving ten unneeded outputs unconnected, Vivado 2018.3 Synthesis issues the warning "...instance "foo' of module 'RAMB36E2' requires 54 connections, but only 44 given...".  Note the use of "requires", which is incorrect.

It would seem that this misleading warning message would be better reworded as "...instance "foo' of module 'RAMB36E2' has 54 connections declared, but only 44 given...", or even better: "...instance "foo' of module 'RAMB36E2' has 40 input and 14 output connections declared, but only 4 output connections given...".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado Synthesis "Requires" Connection To Verilog Module Output Ports!

Jump to solution

Hi @chsdkj,

Enhancement Request has been filed for this warning messag. Developers team will look into and may make necessary changes as per the requirement for upcoming Vivado versions. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @chsdkj,

Can you provide a testcase show i can regenerate this warning at my end and file an enhancement request with the development?

If yes, i will share the ezmove ftp link.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@hemangd,

Yes, I can.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @chsdkj,

Ezmove ftp test package sent on your attached email id. 

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @chsdkj,

Enhancement Request has been filed for this warning messag. Developers team will look into and may make necessary changes as per the requirement for upcoming Vivado versions. 

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos