cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado warning: [Constraints 18-5210]

I get this warning everytime I run a synthesis: 

[Constraints 18-5210] No constraints selected for write.
Resolution: This message can indicate that there are no constraints for the design, or it can indicate that the used_in flags are set such that the constraints are ignored. This later case is used when running synth_design to not write synthesis constraints to the resulting checkpoint. Instead, project constraints are read when the synthesized design is opened.

I added the same constraint file I have used before without issue. The issue persists in any project, even ones that worked fine before. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher
Teacher

Generic answer, its a warning, ignore it !!!

I know I hate that as well, but in vivado its a godo first step,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nelson.patrick,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There has been a CR filed for it and the message should not trigger in the upcomming release of Vivado (2020.1).

We are hoping to release an Answer Record once the behavior has been verified for the various versions. 

Thanks again!

Courtney

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as a solution if you found this helpful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------