UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor varenyam
Visitor

WARNING:Xst:1293 - FF/Latch <n_reg_1> has a constant value of 0 in block <uart_tx_unit>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

localparam [1:0]
idle = 2'b00,
start = 2'b01,
data = 2'b10,
stop = 2'b11;
// signal declaration
reg [1:0] state_reg,state_next;
reg [3:0] s_reg,s_next;
reg [2:0] n_reg,n_next;
reg [7:0] b_reg,b_next;
reg tx_reg,tx_next;

always @(posedge clk, posedge reset)
if(reset)
begin
state_reg <= idle;
s_reg <= 0;
n_reg <= 0;
b_reg <= 0;
tx_reg <= 1'b1;
end
else
begin
state_reg <= state_next;
s_reg <= s_next;
n_reg <= n_next;
b_reg <= b_next;
tx_reg <= tx_next;
end
initial
begin
n_reg=3'b000;
n_next=3'b000;
end

always @*
begin
state_next = state_reg;
tx_done_tick = 1'b0;
s_next = s_reg;
n_next = n_reg;
b_next = b_reg;
tx_next = tx_reg;
case(state_reg)
idle:
begin
tx_next = 1'b1;
if(tx_start)
begin
state_next = start;
s_next = 0;
b_next = din;
end
end
start:
begin
tx_next = 1'b0;
if(s_tick)
if(s_reg==15)
begin
state_next = data;
s_next = 0;
n_next = 0;
end
else
s_next = s_reg + 1'b1;
end
data&colon;
begin
tx_next = b_reg[0];
if(s_tick)
if(s_reg==15)
begin
s_next = 0;
b_next = b_reg >> 1 ;
if(n_reg==(DBIT-1))
state_next = stop;
else
n_next = n_reg + 1'b1;
end
else
s_next = s_reg + 1'b1;
end
stop:
begin
tx_next = 1'b1;
if(s_tick)
if(s_reg==(SB_TICK-1))
begin
state_next = idle;
tx_done_tick = 1'b1;
end
else
s_next = s_reg + 1'b1;
end
endcase
end
//output
assign tx = tx_reg;
endmodule

how can i remove warnings????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: WARNING:Xst:1293 - FF/Latch <n_reg_1> has a constant value of 0 in block <uart_tx_unit>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

Hi,

Please check this AR.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18397.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Re: WARNING:Xst:1293 - FF/Latch <n_reg_1> has a constant value of 0 in block <uart_tx_unit>. This FF/Latch will be trimmed during the optimization process.

Answered here.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor itsna
Visitor

@varenyam, have you solved the problem? I have the exact same problem and I still can't get it to work, the block is removed and many signals are not connected even though I have connected those signals in the code, and when I program the FPGA, the transmitter didn't work
0 Kudos

@itsna,

Did you try the suggestions provided here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/Meaning-of-WARNING-Xst-1898-Due-to-constant-pushing/td-p/336971

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos

@itsna

You need to check the design connectivity to make sure warnings are valid or not. First step would be to start from the RTL view and then compare the connections in the generated netlist. 

However, you can preserve cells and nets whenever required, but I would recommend to first analyze the design instead of using attributes.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos