UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

What to do if auto_detect_xpm fails?

Hello,

I'm seeing errors when I run synth_design because it can't find a xpm_fifo_async module.

I'm building with Vivado 2018.3 in non project mode. I issue the auto_detect_xpm command just prior to running synth_design and see this warning:

WARNING: [filemgmt 56-315] Source scanning failed during design analysis. To get more details run synthesis or simulation and check the log.

Then during synthesis I see this error:

ERROR: [Synth 8-439] module 'xpm_fifo_async' not found [/home/integral/private/users/jenkins/workspace/FPGA/src/main/rtl/common/XpmAsyncFifo.v:88]

The module that is failing instantiates a xpm_fifo_async. It seems like auto_detect_xpm isn't working.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: What to do if auto_detect_xpm fails?

HI @david.hoffman,

Are you using non-project flow (as you are using auto_detect_xpm)? If yes, did you try to synthesize the file in project mode?

Did you correctly add the library in your source file?

Library xpm;
use xpm.vcomponents.all;

Can you try the following command and see if it makes any difference

set_property XPM_LIBRARIES XPM_FIFO [current_project] 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos