UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor rigoni
Visitor

change debug output format during synthesis

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I would like to change the format output during synthesis of my rtl to make an external IDE able to manage the vivado error and follow corresponding lines numbers.

I looked at the function defined in ::common called set_msg_config but it aims only at changing the behavior of the message not the display output.

I also tried to override the function send_msg_id without any success, when in synthesis it simply displays the usual messages ignoring my new function. here is my dummy test:

namespace eval ::common {
proc send_msg_id { args } {
 puts "TEST"
}
namespace export send_msg_id
}

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor rigoni
Visitor

Re: change debug output format during synthesis

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Pratham, good to know .. I'll do with a regexp then, and I'll convert this post to a hint for the next version :-)

Andrea

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution
You cannot modify.
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor rigoni
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Pratham, good to know .. I'll do with a regexp then, and I'll convert this post to a hint for the next version :-)

Andrea

0 Kudos