Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigoni
Visitor
Visitor

change debug output format during synthesis

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I would like to change the format output during synthesis of my rtl to make an external IDE able to manage the vivado error and follow corresponding lines numbers.

I looked at the function defined in ::common called set_msg_config but it aims only at changing the behavior of the message not the display output.

I also tried to override the function send_msg_id without any success, when in synthesis it simply displays the usual messages ignoring my new function. here is my dummy test:

namespace eval ::common {
proc send_msg_id { args } {
 puts "TEST"
}
namespace export send_msg_id
}

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rigoni
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Pratham, good to know .. I'll do with a regexp then, and I'll convert this post to a hint for the next version :-)

Andrea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pratham
Scholar
Scholar
You cannot modify.
-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
rigoni
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Pratham, good to know .. I'll do with a regexp then, and I'll convert this post to a hint for the next version :-)

Andrea

View solution in original post

0 Kudos