UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

critical warning "multi-driven net"

Jump to solution

Using Vivado 2015.2 with a Kintex-7 device  (xc7k325tffg900-1) under Windows-7 I get the following two critical warnings during synthesis:

[Synth 8-3352] multi-driven net FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_i[4] with 1st driver pin 'INST_io_ips/FX3CTL_GEN[4].INST_IOBUF_FX3CTLi/O' ["q:/source/rtl/io_ips.vhd":251]

[Synth 8-3352] multi-driven net FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_i[4] with 2nd driver pin 'INST_io_ips/FX3CTL_GEN[6].INST_IOBUF_FX3CTLi/O' ["q:/source/rtl/io_ips.vhd":251]

However, implementation and bitstream generation proceeds without any further problems.

Looking at the referenced source line above, i don't see the problem:

FX3CTL_GEN : for i in 0 to 12 generate
    INST_IOBUF_FX3CTLi : IOBUF
      port map (
        O  => FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_i(i),     -- Buffer output
        IO => FX3_GPIF_II_CTL(i),  -- Buffer inout port (connect directly to top-level port)
        I  => FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_o(i),     -- Buffer input
        T  => FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_T(i)  -- 3-state enable signal, 1=input, 0=output
        );
  end generate FX3CTL_GEN;

Is this a problem with the synthesis program used in Vivado? Or am I just not seeing the problem here?

Jo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: critical warning "multi-driven net"

Jump to solution

Never mind my previous post.

I finally found the problem, and (unfortunately?) it was my mistake, I had a typo in another source file that connected those two nets further downstream.

Sorry for the confusion (on my side).

Thanks,

Jo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

I don't see any problem with the code you quoted, either.  That is an odd message.

What is your declaration of  FX3_GPIF_II_CTL_i?  E.g., did you initialize it?  If so, try removing that initialization in the signal declaration.

***Many of us who help you are just FPGA enthusiasts, and not Xilinx employees. If you receive help, and give kudos (star), you're likely to continue receiving help in the future. If you get a solution, please mark it as a solution.***
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Never mind my previous post.

I finally found the problem, and (unfortunately?) it was my mistake, I had a typo in another source file that connected those two nets further downstream.

Sorry for the confusion (on my side).

Thanks,

Jo

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jschamba

Please close the thread by marking the solution in the interest of other users.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos