UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ardupas
Observer

extra added BUFG in netlist, why?

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

I've inserted an netlist in Vivado 2014.4 project which had no bufg.

During implementation of the the top, I've got an error because 3 extra bufg have been added inside the netlist module on clock signals, and it's redondant with other bufg in the design.

How can we avoid that vivado add extra bufg in inserted netlist ?

I tried with the black_box attribute but it's not working.

Thank you for your help.

Arnaud.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: extra added BUFG in netlist, why?

Jump to solution

Hi @ardupas

What is the implementation error you are facing?

Are you using Vivado synthesis? 

You can use clock_buffer_type attribute to prevent insertion of BUFG. Refer to page-155 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_2/ug912-vivado-properties.pdf

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ardupas

What is the implementation error you are facing?

Are you using Vivado synthesis? 

You can use clock_buffer_type attribute to prevent insertion of BUFG. Refer to page-155 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_2/ug912-vivado-properties.pdf

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@ardupas

Can you try using post-synthesis project flow to add netlist in the design to see the number of BUFGs and launch implementation to see whether tool is able to pass.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer ardupas
Observer

Jump to solution

I had the error ' nb of BUFG is limited to 16 in bottom half SRL0', after synthesis and implementation in vivado project mode.

I can not use post synthesis flow, because I have a mix of vhdl new sources and inserted netlist.

Now it is resolved with the attribute clock_buffer_type set on "NONE" on clocks nets.

Thank you very much for your help.

Arnaud.

0 Kudos