UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

gtwizard gt0_drp_busy_out

hello, I'm using the gtwizard 3.6 for an Artix7 design.  If you dive into the hierarchy, there's a signal 'gt0_drp_busy_out'.  I need to use this signal for another part of my design.  however, that signal is not brought out to the upper hierarchy ports for some reason.  I named the gtwizard "gtwizard_8ch_bot" and tried to do the following:

assign gt0_drp_busy_out = gtwizard_8ch_bot_support_i.inst.gtwizard_8ch_bot_init_i.gt0_drp_busy_out;

this works in simulation, but when I try to synthesize, it complains that it cannot resolve the hierarchical name.  I think this means that synthesis optimized out gt0_drp_busy_out. 

how can I use this signal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: gtwizard gt0_drp_busy_out

Hi @mvalvo ,

If it is optimized out then synthesis log will show it. Provide synthesis log to evaluate. 

And which Vivado version are you using? 

Hierarchical names are supported from Vivado 2017.3 onwards. If you are using older version then it will throw an error as you saw. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm using the latest version of Vivado.  does that mean that I shouldn't get that error?

0 Kudos

Hi @mvalvo ,

>>does that mean that I shouldn't get that error?

Yes correct. 

Can you elaborate more with steps on what you did and face this error? So i can reproduce this error at my end  with gt wizard and try to find out the root cause. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'll attach my code. look at line 1072 (now commented out).  this forum wouldn't allow me to add a .sv file, so I changed it to .txt

0 Kudos