Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

how to view synthesis dmp file

Jump to solution

My Synthesis ran almost 20 hour then has a exception access violation and the hs_err_pid5744.log has this line 

Stack:
no stack trace available, please use hs_err_<pid>.dmp instead.

There is a dmp file that I can't seem to attached because the content is binary, therefore  what tool or how to display this dmp file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amaccre

Hi @tchin123 ,

The .dmp can be opened using the free Microsoft utility WinDbg available either from the Microsoft app store or from their website.

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
amaccre

Hi @tchin123 ,

The .dmp can be opened using the free Microsoft utility WinDbg available either from the Microsoft app store or from their website.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users

View solution in original post

marknaivar
Visitor
Visitor

Will viewing this .dmp file be useful? I also have an ACCESS_VIOLATION problem. I'm guessing the information in this file will be referring to JVM code that we don't have access to? Or likely be difficult to map this back to what was happening in Vivado? Or do people find it helpful to track down and fix these crashes? It would be great to fix this problem, but I don't want to go down a rabbit hole if there's only a slim chance I'll be able to fix it.

Thanks,

-Mark

0 Kudos