Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i am getting an warning

{

[Constraints 18-5210] No constraints selected for write.
Resolution: This message can indicate that there are no constraints for the design, or it can indicate that the used_in flags are set such that the constraints are ignored. This later case is used when running synth_design to not write synthesis constraints to the resulting checkpoint. Instead, project constraints are read when the synthesized design is opened.

}

but the xdc file is showing active only

then why this warning is coming?

thanks in advance

regards,

jahnavi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jahnavijanu.y 

This message will still be seen if the XDC file has the USED_IN property and set correctly during synthesis. The intent is to inform users not to expect the constraints to be available when opening the <project_name>.runs/synth_1/<project_name>.dcp checkpoint. Instead, opening the synthesized design (open_run) will read in all the necessary constraints.

"This later case is used when running synth_design to not write synthesis constraints to the resulting checkpoint. Instead, project constraints are read when the synthesized design is opened"

With the response of other Forums posts indicating that this is confusing, the message should not trigger in an upcomming release of Vivado (2020.1).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jahnavijanu.y,

A few questions for you:

1. Which version of Vivado are you using?

2. Are you able to set your constraint file as Target?

3. Do you see this error at synthesis or somewhere else?

4. Are your constraints case sensitive?

@celliott 

Warning [Constraints 18-5210] - seems to be the warning that never goes away. 

Many many have requested help - but I have yet to see a solution.  

I hope you can help.

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply,

1. I am using vivado version 2018.3.

2. yes, i am able set it as target.

3. It is a warning in synthesis .

4. yes.

It is comming as a warning , but i think these constraints are applying correctly, but why this warning is appearing.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jahnavi.

0 Kudos

Hi @jahnavijanu.y 

This message will still be seen if the XDC file has the USED_IN property and set correctly during synthesis. The intent is to inform users not to expect the constraints to be available when opening the <project_name>.runs/synth_1/<project_name>.dcp checkpoint. Instead, opening the synthesized design (open_run) will read in all the necessary constraints.

"This later case is used when running synth_design to not write synthesis constraints to the resulting checkpoint. Instead, project constraints are read when the synthesized design is opened"

With the response of other Forums posts indicating that this is confusing, the message should not trigger in an upcomming release of Vivado (2020.1).

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post