UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

problems using EDK pcores in the ISE

Jump to solution

Hello everyone ,

I find a pcore in the EDK menu , uart_16550.

Then I import all the vhd file in the ISE project . I found these files include xilinx library proc_common_v3_00_a , I also found it in the EDK menu. I add all the needed file in the project.

But when I synthsize the project , It failed . It reports errors like Cannot find <proc_common_pkg> in library <proc_common_v3_00_a>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file.  

How can I use the EDK pcores in the ISE project?

OR how can I make the ISE known proc_common_v3_00_a library?

Waiting for your reply

SXL

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Re: problems using EDK pcores in the ISE

Jump to solution

You need to make sure all the proc_common_v3_00_a files are compiled into the work lib "proc_common_v3_00_a".

My guess is you added those files to the default library "work".  This doesn't work.

I've ranted about this in another thread. 

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/EDK-pcore-HDL-files-not-being-found-by-Vivado/m-p/357913#M8978

It's a PITA to deal with.  You've gotta figure out all the correct libraries to compile all those pcores into.  Look at the pao files for help.

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Jump to solution

You need to make sure all the proc_common_v3_00_a files are compiled into the work lib "proc_common_v3_00_a".

My guess is you added those files to the default library "work".  This doesn't work.

I've ranted about this in another thread. 

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Synthesis/EDK-pcore-HDL-files-not-being-found-by-Vivado/m-p/357913#M8978

It's a PITA to deal with.  You've gotta figure out all the correct libraries to compile all those pcores into.  Look at the pao files for help.

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply!

I have already figured it out.It is too complex to compile the vhdl libraay.

First I creat a library , then I added all the relative files to the library , finally, It works ..

But comparing to the verilog, it's too complex to add other exist project or files.

Is there any eays way to do it?

SXL

0 Kudos
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Jump to solution

You'll just need to script it up. 

We used to parse PAO files to glean all this info - what work lib to compile all the things into, and what order to compile.  But Xilinx kept on subtly changing the PAO format (It's completely undocumented), and our flows would break.

We now rely on hand converting the PAO into TCL scripts that ANY of the tools can use (synthesis/sim/lint/etc.).

It's a little painful, but doesn't occur very often (only when we upgrade Xilinx tools).  And's it's not difficult, just a PITA.

--Mark

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
It looks more advanced.
Thanks , but maybe out of my ability.
0 Kudos