cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

programming Basys2 using AHDL

I have a Digilent Basys2 board, which have FPGA Spartan3E.  I installed ISE Webpack 14.7 and when I tried to perform the implementation, I experienced with this the licensing issue.  Would you please advise

I recently bought the Basys2 using FPGA XC3S100E. After installing the ISE Degisn Suite 14.7 DVD, I have this error when running the implementation

C:\FPGA\Digilent\Software\Xilinx.LIC;C:\License\Hunter-PC.LIC;C:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.
lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\I
SE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
architecture.
Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors : 1
Number of warnings : 0
File 'c:/FPGA/Digilent/Example1/swled/implement/ver1/rev1/map.ncd' does not exist.
MAP failed.
Implementation ver1->rev1 Failed.

Please advise if you have a fix for this

Daniel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: programming Basys2 using AHDL

Hi @dannynvu

From the file attached I see that you dont have license for ISE, you need to generate ISE webpack license.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.  I download the new license from Xilinx as attached and it still cause the same error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @dannynvu

No, this license also does not have ISE features. Please generate the license following below steps

Open ISE, click on Help-->Obtain a License Key-->Get VIvado/ISE Webpack license.
Now generate ISE WEbpack license from your account.

Then load it using Load license option in Manage License tab of Xilinx License Configuration Manager.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello Deepika,

Can you take a look at the new license attached and advice.  the same error when I run the Implementation

FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357

image.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dannynvu,

It seems Vivado webpack license.

Can you check if you have ISE webpack license in your account?

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@dannynvu,

Even this license does not have ISE Webpack feature.

Can you login to your product licensing account and see if you have the ISE Webpack license in either the "Create License" or "Manage License" tab?

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello Arpan and Nupur,

Here is what i see in my account license manager and create new license tab.

Danny

License.PNG
create new license tab.PNG
0 Kudos