UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bharath_91
Visitor

[synth 8-3936] found unconnected internal register and it is trimmed from 128 to 8 bits

Hi, 

I'm Have Implemented a standard Encryption Algorithm and I'm stuck with the warning message : 

[synth 8-3936] found unconnected internal register and it is trimmed from 128 to 8 bits.

I Tried ignoring this warning but it has sufficient effect on my overall project. I Have attached the code and would require help in getting rid of this warning message.

I have attached the code file and please help me in resolving the issue.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: [synth 8-3936] found unconnected internal register and it is trimmed from 128 to 8 bits

@bharath_91

Are you seeing any functionality issue after the optimization done by tool?

Also, did you try using DONT_TOUCH attribute on the registers to preserve them?

Thanks

Anusheel 

0 Kudos
Visitor bharath_91
Visitor

Re: [synth 8-3936] found unconnected internal register and it is trimmed from 128 to 8 bits

The gate level simulation also works but I'm using this module for Partial Reconfiguration and I end up adding addition RAM for this unconnected 8 bits.

I did try the attribute specified but it didn't serve the purpose.

0 Kudos