Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

synth_design -generic "real"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to start  synth_design  with -generic  option

synth_design -top top -part xcku15p-ffva1760-2-e -generic {throughput={16.366}} -generic {ref_clock={156.25}} -generic technology={"GTH"}

II get this error :

ERROR: [Synth 8-657] type mismatch for generic 'throughput'
ERROR: [Synth 8-657] type mismatch for generic 'ref_clock'

It seems that the real is not allow? or have I done an error on the command? I tried also without the {}

Thanks

Dominique

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Timothyv,

Thanks for answer.

I changed to string.

It works perfectly.

I was more wonder about the generic we can use, real, integer,... I found I link where it was explain that real value is not allow to use. ( Sorry I didn't  keep it !). I use also the vhdlcode to create an IP , and in the IP packager it seems that the real type is not allow "AR# 58038".

Dominique

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @dgigi 

I have attached a link to UG835, which will help in defining the tcl command you are using on page 1700. 

What I see of concern may be the brackets, but you said you have tried it without as well. Please make sure that the parameter you are overriding is in the top level file as explained in the note section of the -generic on page 1703. Lastly, as said in the error, the type of "throughput" and "ref_clock" may be different in the top level file, which would cause this error, so please make sure they are of the same types. 

I hope this helps! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

How about something like 

synth_design -generic throughput=16.366 -generic ref_clock=156.25 ......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@dgigi 

I apologize for not providing the link. The link will be in this reply.

UG835: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Timothyv,

Thanks for answer.

I changed to string.

It works perfectly.

I was more wonder about the generic we can use, real, integer,... I found I link where it was explain that real value is not allow to use. ( Sorry I didn't  keep it !). I use also the vhdlcode to create an IP , and in the IP packager it seems that the real type is not allow "AR# 58038".

Dominique

View solution in original post

0 Kudos