UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie mneckoee

verilog property max_fanout deosn't applied

I have a 8192 row (13 bit address) and 12 bit width block ram. In virtex6 we have 36kb Block Rams. So ISE implement my ram into three 36kb BRAM with 4 bit width. For timing issues I want ISE to use individual flip-flops for each BRAM read(write) address So for read(write) address reg I set these properties:  
    1 - register duplication  
    2 - maximum fan-out  
but when I look at the implemented design in PLAN-AHEAD , these properties doesn't applied.  

my verilog code

what I imagine

what is implemented
what I want

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: verilog property max_fanout deosn't applied

Hi @mneckoee,

Can you please check in synthesis settings for max-fanout?

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie mneckoee

Hi. I set that 80.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi @mneckoee,

Can you please try the following:

1. Setting max_fanout in XCF
  2. If you want to set max fanout globally then set -max_fanout=1 in synthesis settings

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Newbie mneckoee

how can I edit XCF?

I want to only set the read address reg max_fanout to 1 not all of the design

0 Kudos

Hi @mneckoee,

Please add a .xcf file and add it to synthesis settings.

Please go through the attached snapshot.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

1.JPG
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor

Have you tried:

(* max_fanout = 1 *)

instead of

(* max_fanout = "1" *)

I think the latter actually evaluates to a string (ASCII character 1 = 0x31) which would set the fanout to 49 instead of 1.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos

@mneckoee

Do you see any details in synthesis log? Attribute must be detected and reported in the log. 

If the attribute was detected but the logic does not have replications then we need to check what part of the logic is blocking the replication, can share the test case for us to look into the design?

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos