cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qunhuiv2pro
Visitor
Visitor

vivado 2017.1 verilog synthesis weird syntax error

Hi I have an Arty 35T evaluation board and I downloaded vivado 2017.1 and installed with a valid license obtained with the product number. I tried several projects like GPIO, DDR3 memory, etc with Microblaze core, it worked Ok. When I tried to synthesize a piece of user  Verilog code, I had compile error message of a CORRECT always block: "always @(posedge Bus2IP_Clk) begin". The screen capture is attached below, and the signal is obvious already declared. Is this possibly a licensing problem?

Thanks a lot.

synthesis error.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
hj

Hi @qunhuiv2pro

Can you try to synthesize any example design if it works then please share the code I will try to run at my end. 

You can synthesize the belo FF code as well. 

module test(input clock,din,reset, output reg qout);

always @ (posedge clock)

if (reset)
qout<=0;
else
qout<=din;

endmodule

Thanks

HJ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information please refer to configuration resources https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/FPGA-Configuration/Configuration-Resources/m-p/753763/highlight/true#M5891
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
hbucher
Scholar
Scholar

@qunhuiv2pro @hj

Out of curiosity, what is *before* the keyword "always" 

If you did not properly close a bracket or missed a module declaration it will spill out to the next statement.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
avrumw
Guide
Guide

It is almost certainly NOT a licensing issue, but a real syntax error.

Based on the error message it is likely that the "always" is not legal syntax here. This would be the case if it were already inside an initial or always block (or a function or a variety of other syntax elements). So you need to look at the code before the "always" - the problem is there (and hence is not visible in your screen capture).

Avrum

0 Kudos
prathikm

Hi @qunhuiv2pro,

You can check for proper termination and "usage" of always in your code. This should resolve the syntax issue.

If you can share the RTL we can have a look at that.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos