Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

vivado Tool exiting because of .Xil ?

Jump to solution

Hi Friends,

Vivado 2017.4* exiting abnormally without any reason. i tried many ways like deleting .Xil , opening vivado in different dir, etc.

Pls help me to come out of this irritating issue.

pls find the attached log,

synth_XIL_issue.PNG

-Sampath
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

Hi All,

Thanks alot for the help. Am able to generate the dcp with the vivado 2018 in different folder.

But i failed to find the exact root cause.

-Sampath

-Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

+hs_*error*

-Sampath
0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Sampath,

From the log file, I see the crash is encountered during "Start Cross Boundary and Area Optimization" phase of synthesis.
So I suggest you to run synthesis with -flatten_hierarchy set to none and see if this helps.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
rshekhaw
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
hemangd

@ssampath 

Is your issue resolved based on provided suggestions?

If no, try using another directory for your project and then run synthesis. I suspect the issue could be related to the security settings on that particular machine.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

HI @hemangd ,

I tried chanhing flatten-hi* to none but the issue still there.

And also i tried in different dir still same issue. Some setting causing this type of misbehave.

-Sampath

-Sampath
0 Kudos
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

HI,

Same issue with 2018 and 2017.

-Sampath

-Sampath
0 Kudos
hemangd

Hi @ssampath 

Is it possible to share your testcase/archived project to reproduce this issue at my end? If yes, i can share the ezmove ftp through which you can share it. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @hemangd , 

Sorry, i can't share as per the company policy. but i requested to install the vivado 2019. 

Pls share if you have any other ideas.  

-Sampath

-Sampath
0 Kudos
hemangd

@ssampath 

Try with this simple command to rerun synthesis

synth_design -top <top_module_name> -part <part_number> -directive RuntimeOptimized

Share the synthesis log if it still fails and also share the synthesis log after when you changed the project directory.

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

Thanks  @hemangd ,

same issue am getting, pls find the attachment.

But in different directory with vivado 2018 it is going ahead, i will update once its finished.

-Sampath

-Sampath
0 Kudos
ssampath
Voyager
Voyager

Hi All,

Thanks alot for the help. Am able to generate the dcp with the vivado 2018 in different folder.

But i failed to find the exact root cause.

-Sampath

-Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hemangd

@ssampath 

So based on your previous two posts i believe, by running your project in different directories helped to pass synthesis. This means the issue was related to the security settings on that particular machine as i stated earlier and also the error message was saying the same. 

Kindly close the thread by marking it as the accepted solution.

Regards,
hemangd

0 Kudos