Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

vivado ip project

hi,

I use vivado 2016.3 to create an ip project. I have many ips to generate

When my ip number reaches to 461, and when I open my ip project using vivado gui mode

the gui exit unexpectedly with the following error messages:

ComMsgMgrException: I/O error while reading file /........Vivado/2016.3/data/msg/vivadotcl.msg

Abnormal program termination (11)

We are unable to write a trace file,  probably because the current working directory is not writable.

I was mad with the problem, for I can not create more ips using gui in this project I created.

The tcl mode has no problem, but I want to configure ips using gui

Please help me, vivado developers.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: vivado ip project

Hi @617397931,

Did you check the read-write permissions of the directory where the project is being run?

Also, the AR# 55854 might help moving forward with program termination error: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html.

What's with the 'ip number reaches to 461'? Can you please elaborate?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

your project might be corrupted . you can create new project and add all the files
check these ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67174.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55854.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@617397931

>>When my ip number reaches to 461,

Anusheel: Do you mean project have 400+ IPs, can you elaborate this point?

>>when I open my ip project using vivado gui mode the gui exit unexpectedly with the following error messages:

Anusheel: Looks like Vivado crashes while using "Edit in IP Packager". Are you able to open the project in separate session or in other projects?

>>I was mad with the problem, for I can not create more ips using gui in this project I created

Anusheel: Do you mean IPI crashes while adding IPs in the project.

Thanks,
Anusheel
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

yes, the above persons. My IP project has 400+ IPs, actually, it has ips more than 461, for instance 470.

I run the ip synthesis to produce the ip products to use in my other projects.

after I create such an IP project and close the project, I open the project again, and the gui crashed then.

You can produce this error in this way:

1. write a tcl script to produce 470 block memories with different parameters

2. run these ips' synthesis task

3. close vivado

4. open vivado and open IP location and open the created IP project.

I think the IPs are too many to be handled with Vivado gui.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

@617397931 are all the instantiated IPs on the same block diagram hierarchy? If so, maybe it's time to add some hierarchy to your design.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I just use this ip project as a pool of ips,  I add an ip from it, so I need to gen a lot of ips in this project. I don't need to hierarchy them. Now, I can not see my ips in Vivado GUI.

0 Kudos