UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ugompper
Observer

Constraining Center-Aligned Dual Data Rate with Souce Synchronous differential Inputs @60MHz

Hello,

I am trying to setup the correct constraints for a 12-Bit ADC (LTC2263-12) that is sending these 12 bits on two lanes with dual data rate (DDR) at a 20MHz sampling rate. There is also a bit clock and a frame clock. The data is center-aligned and I am trying to capture it statically on a zynq with -1C Speed Grade which gives a window of -0.38/1.85 for setup and hold.

I found this post, which is quite similar to my problem and was solved. The problem I have is that the data sheet of the ADC does not give setup and hold time and instead provides DATA to DCO Delay with minimum and maximum values. If I try to translate these values to the constraints file my timing failes (WNS: -9.163 ns and TNS: -72.091 ns).

timing2.png

timing.png

At 20MHz sampling rate and Two Lanes, 12-Bit Serialization, I get:

t_SER=8.333
t_DATA=2.917 (min) and 5.417 (max)

and I guess I also have to include Output Rise and Output Fall Time into my calculations (which I didn't do, because I don't know how):

t_R=0.17
t_F=0.17

Given those numbers I thought my windows for capturing would look like the following (wrt. the post mentioned above):

- Window -1: Centered around the falling edge before the first rising edge (at t=-8.333)

- starts at t=-11.25, ends at t=-5.417

- Window 0: Centered around the first rising edge (at t=0.0)

- starts at t=-2.917, ends at t=2.917

- Window 1: Centered around the first falling edge (at t=8.333)

- starts at t=5.417, ends at t=11.249

- Window 2: Centered around the second rising edge (at t=16.666)

- starts at t=13.749, ends at t=19.582

With this timing it should be possible to capture each window with the clock edge around which it is centered, even without adding a delay.

Taken these numbers I came up with the following contraints which failed timing:

#### ADC Pins ####
set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS_25 [get_ports {OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS_25 [get_ports {DCO_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS_25 [get_ports {OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS_25 [get_ports {FR_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN M17 [get_ports {OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN H16 [get_ports {DCO_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN F16 [get_ports {OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]}]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN J18 [get_ports {FR_IN_clk_p[0]}]

#### Clock Pins from the ADC #### create_clock -period 16.667 -name DCO -waveform {0.000 8.333} [get_ports {DCO_IN_clk_p[0]}] # Bit Clock for the Data (60 MHz) create_clock -period 50.000 -name FR -waveform {0.000 25.000} [get_ports {FR_IN_clk_p[0]}] # Frame Clock (20 MHz) create_clock -period 16.667 -name DCO_virtual # virtual clock is needed for constraining the delay (60 MHz) set_input_jitter DCO 0.060 # Jitter of the Bit Clock set_false_path -setup -rise_from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -fall_to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] set_false_path -setup -fall_from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -rise_to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] set_false_path -hold -rise_from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -rise_to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] set_false_path -hold -fall_from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -fall_to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] set_multicycle_path -setup -from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] 0 set_multicycle_path -hold -from [get_clocks DCO_virtual] -to [get_clocks -include_generated_clocks -of [get_ports DCO_IN_clk_p[0]]] -1 set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -2.917 -max [get_ports OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]] set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -2.917 -max [get_ports OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]] set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -5.417 -min [get_ports OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]] set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -5.417 -min [get_ports OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]] set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -2.917 -max [get_ports OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]] -clock_fall -add_delay set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -2.917 -max [get_ports OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]] -clock_fall -add_delay set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -5.417 -min [get_ports OUTA_IN_clk_p[0]] -clock_fall -add_delay set_input_delay -clock DCO_virtual -5.417 -min [get_ports OUTB_IN_clk_p[0]] -clock_fall -add_delay set_property C_CLK_INPUT_FREQ_HZ 300000000 [get_debug_cores dbg_hub] set_property C_ENABLE_CLK_DIVIDER false [get_debug_cores dbg_hub] set_property C_USER_SCAN_CHAIN 1 [get_debug_cores dbg_hub] connect_debug_port dbg_hub/clk [get_nets clk]

I don't know if it is at any interest, but both clocks (DCO and FR) and the data lines (OUTA and OUTB) come in differential pairs so I connected them inside the Diagram with Utility Buffers set to IBUFDS (C size: 1).

diff.png

Thank you

0 Kudos