cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How clock regions are numbered

Hello,

I'm trying to put a constraint on clock region (smth like AREA_GROUP “groupname” RANGE=CLOCKREGION_X#Y#;), but I don't know how they are numbered phisically on chip and I don't know what to put instead of X#Y#. In UG362 there is only information how many clock regions are in given chip. I tried to check in FPGA editor, but clock regions are divided into coloured fields - I can't find any numbers.

Regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avrumw
Guide
Guide

The clock region names are visible (or can be made visible) in the Vivado Device View window (and I am pretty sure in PlanAhead as well).

The numbering is pretty simple, though. The bottom left one is named CLOCKREGION_X0Y0. As you move up, the Y increases (so CLOCKREGION_X0Y1, then CLOCKREGION_X0Y2, ...). The right side clock regions are X1, so the bottom right one is CLOCKREGION_X1Y0. There are always only 2 regions left/right (so the left half are X0 and the right half are X1), and then the Y axis increases to 1/2 the number of regions - so in a device with 18 regions, the top right is CLOCKREGION_X1Y8.

Avrum

0 Kudos
sauravs
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

additionally the avrumn stated, i would like to add how the region how it is spread.

clockregion_x0y0: clockregion_x0y7  then it create a rectangle

if 

clockregion_x0y0, clockregion_x0y7  then it create a list of region

regards,

saurav

0 Kudos
sampatd
Scholar
Scholar

Hi, 

In PlanAhead, use the clock planning view to check the clocking resources in each clock region

Clock_Planning.png

0 Kudos