UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor acmmmm
Visitor

How to route 2 nets with a similar delay

Hello everyone, i use Vivado 18.2 and i have a problem with my design. I want to connect 2 nets in a SR lach and this nets have to be similar in delay net (ps). Is there any tool that can fix line delays to be similar?

thank you for help me and regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Guide avrumw
Guide

Re: How to route 2 nets with a similar delay

No.

Vivado is designed for synchronous design, and as such, the concept of "matching delays" is not something that Vivado cares about, so there is no constraint that will do this for you.

You may be able to rougly bound a path with a combination of set_min_delay and set_max_delay, but that has to be done with a full path (not a net) and will have to take into account that the analysis of the min and max will be done at different process corners - this may help, but it is not what it is meant to do, so isn't a "simple solution".

If you really want to control this, you may need to think about manually routing the nets and then locking them to specific routing resources. This too is pretty complicated to do.

In summary, FPGAs (and their tools) are not meant to do things like this. If you want to try and get an FPGA (and its tools) to do things like this (i.e. for research purposes) then you will have to design your own mechanism for doing them in spite of the tools...

Avrum

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to route 2 nets with a similar delay

Like Avrum said, there is not a direct constraint to achieve what you expect.

One possible way is to try multiple implementations and check the delays of the two nets in each run. If you're lucky to get a run with similar delays of the two nets, you can then fix the routing of the two nets.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos