UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

IBUFDS delay in different banks

Hi

I find that the IBUFDS delay in different banks is different when I report timing summary .For example ,in bank 34,the IBUFDS delay is 0.894ns,but in bank 33,the IBUFDS delay is 0.924ns.So what does make this difference?

board :zc706

tool versions:vivado 2015.4

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBUFDS delay in different banks

The IBUFDS delay number includes package delay associated with every pin.  Therefore, every pin is likely different.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I know every pin is likely different in fact.But when I report timing summary ,the same bank shows the delay is same.I just constraint the timing and the slack is right. 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

33bank.jpg
34bank.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I checked H9 and D9 in the same Bank 34, the delays of the two are also different.

Do those differences bring any problem for you?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Visitor guru_xil
Visitor

When you run "report timing summary" in the GUI, there is a setting "Write results to file" on the Advanced Tab. Use this setting to save the result as a text file.

What's more, are you analyzing timing after Synthesis before Implementation? The post-synthesis timing analysis is not accurate but estimated. You can not say that your constraints are met or not just by estimation. I remember when surrfing on CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC I found something about the topic stating one's should rely on the post-route timing analysis, especially for set_input_delay/set_output_delay constraints

Then,you have to realize that random jitter is not the same as peak-to-peak jitter, and for the timing analysis of an input, peak-to-peak (or cycle-cycle) jitter is what matters. The two are related to eachother by the transition density and the tolerable bit error rate. For a "good" interface (1e-20 bit error rate) you multiply by something like 16, so your 2ps random jitter is really 32ps of peak-to-peak jittter.

0 Kudos