Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

MINDELAY constraint, or related...

Hey there,

I wonder if there is any way to set a minimum delay on a NET. I've worked around MAXDELAY and MAXSKEW, but couldn't get much from it. Actually my main goal is to make 2 different NETs to have the same delay (at least within a small range), no matter how large. Let's say that, for example, there are two signals coming from the outside world through 2 different IBUFs. Supposing that they are not using the clock routing, and that they arrive at the same register (not necessarily a register, in my case a LUT-RAM). I want the delay from the IBUFs' outputs all the way to the register's input to be practically the same. I am already using (and abusing) location contraints to make the mapping uniform.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Edgar.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Re: MINDELAY constraint, or related...

edwillys wrote:

Hey there,

I wonder if there is any way to set a minimum delay on a NET. I've worked around MAXDELAY and MAXSKEW, but couldn't get much from it. Actually my main goal is to make 2 different NETs to have the same delay (at least within a small range), no matter how large. Let's say that, for example, there are two signals coming from the outside world through 2 different IBUFs. Supposing that they are not using the clock routing, and that they arrive at the same register (not necessarily a register, in my case a LUT-RAM). I want the delay from the IBUFs' outputs all the way to the register's input to be practically the same. I am already using (and abusing) location contraints to make the mapping uniform.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

Edgar.

There is no way to specify a minimum delay.

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: MINDELAY constraint, or related...

Bassman,

Looking in the Xilinx Constraints Guide, I realized that there were no MINDELA contraints. The question is: is there a work around? When I use the MAXSKEW contraint, I can not make it with a TNM_NET. Is there a way to constrain the delayrange of different nets?

Thanks,

Edgar.

0 Kudos