Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Multicycle paths with Vivado and Synplify

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am using a synthesis flow where I perform synthesis with Synplify Pro, and then perform P&R with Vivado.

I would like to relax constraints for some signals by setting a multicycle path. But I was wondering...

Should I define the constraint in Synplify only? Vivado only? Both?

I believe the correct thing to do would be to mark the registers with a *keep* attribute at synthesis and then constraint the multicycle path only at P&R. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @al_gm

Yes.

As the post P&R timing analysis is what that matters.

Once you import the synthesized netlist from synplify into vivado. You can identify the register-registers path which needs  the multicycle path exceptions and apply them in an xdc file,  which will be used for implementation(P&R).

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI @al_gm

Yes.

As the post P&R timing analysis is what that matters.

Once you import the synthesized netlist from synplify into vivado. You can identify the register-registers path which needs  the multicycle path exceptions and apply them in an xdc file,  which will be used for implementation(P&R).

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos