UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer becker1
Observer

OFFSET OUT ( MIN ?)

Hello Folks,

this subject keeps bugging me since i work with (Xilinx)FPGAs.

So,..there is an OFFSET OUT constraint one can specify for Outputs. 

And...so far i see from timing reports, PAR understands it as maximum value.

But...design i'm currently doing restricts me also for suppliying an best case clock-to-output

constraint. Seems like this is currently not possible with xilinx tools...am i right?

I need to specify an maximum and minimum value for OFFSET OUT.

All i can do is...after PAR finishes...do timing anaylsis with "Report fastest paths/verbose hold paths" check box selected.

And, also i found something like Speedgrade -0 for checking best case timing results.

(referring to http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/4506.htm)

Can someone explain me the difference between

a) timing analysis with speed_grade 4 selected but also hold time analsyis option checked.("report fastest paths/verbose hold paths)

So i have for each path setup and hold anaylsis.(well we use speed_grad 4 parts) 

b) timing analysis with speed_grade -0(MIN) selected. Btw, i can also select "report fastest paths/....." option here. 

Is there any speed_grade -0 parts really available? Or is it a virtual device for making best case

timing analysis. If, not...using speed_grade 4 parts and doing speed_grade -0 analysis seems nonsense to me.

So, alltogether, i have 4 anaysis for each paths: 2 with speed grade 4 selected and 2 with -MIN as speed grade selected.

Confused.....should't be there a only 2 extreme(MIN,MAX) for selected speedgrade, in my case speedgrade 4?

So, let me summarize my problem in short:

1- I have speed grade 4 parts, want to specifiy also MIN clock-to-Out constraints for some IOs.

How can i specify MIN offset out? is it possible? 

2- I want to check the worst case/best case clock-to-output times in timing reports.

I did once compared hold analysis results(speed grade 4 selected) with measurement

results. Measurement results show much faster times than in Timing report.

(so i have a good speed grade 4 unit in the hand)

So speed grade 4 hold analysis is not the best case analysis. So what is it then?

Many Thanks for any Clarification 

0 Kudos