UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Pulse width timing violation even with the same CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP

hi,

for OSERDES3. I connect one  BUFG  for the output of MMCM, then connect to CLK port of oserdes.

BUFGCE_DIV to the output of MMCM, then connect to CLK_DIV of oserdes.

In the constraints, I add them to the same CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP.

set_property CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP MUX_and_BUFGCE [get_nets u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/clk_oserdes]
set_property CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP MUX_and_BUFGCE [get_nets u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/core_clk]

But I still see the pulse width timing violation if I improve the div_clk to 50Mhz and CLK(serial_clk) to 200Mhz. (clock ratio 1:4).

Why? How to solve this?

Pulse_width_timing.png
oserdes_clk_structure.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Pulse width timing violation even with the same CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP

Take a look at this post on the same problem - it appears that the CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP isn't sufficient.

Avrum

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi,seems I still met hold timing violations after clock_root constraints were added.

my related constraints are:

create_generated_clock -name {clk_oserdes} [get_pins {u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/mmcme3_adv_inst/CLKOUT1}]
create_generated_clock -name {clk_oserdes_div} [get_pins {u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/clkout1_div_buf/O}]
##create_generated_clock -name {core_clk} [get_pins {*/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/clkout1_div_buf/O}]

set_property CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP MUX_and_BUFGCE [get_nets of [get_pins {u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/mmcme3_adv_inst/CLKOUT1}]]
set_property CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP MUX_and_BUFGCE [get_nets of [get_pins u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/clkout1_div_buf/O]]

set_property USER_CLOCK_ROOT X2Y3 [get_nets of [get_pins {u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/mmcme3_adv_inst/CLKOUT1}]]
set_property USER_CLOCK_ROOT X2Y3 [get_nets of [get_pins u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/clkout1_div_buf/O]]

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Your commands are not correct - I suspect they are just typos when you pasted them here. In the set_property commands, the should be:

set_property CLOCK_DELAY_GROUP MUX_and_BUFGCE [get_nets -of [get_pins {u_NV_hstdm_sourcesyn_send/u_NV_HSTDM_ga10x_sendclk/inst/mmcme3_adv_inst/CLKOUT1}]]

your commands are missing the dash before the word of

Other than this, I don't see anything obvious. If this still doesn't fix the timing violation, I have no more suggestions for you... This seems to be a problem in UltraScale - the combination of the on-chip variation pessimism of the tool with the very tight skew requirement between CLK and CLKDIV of the ISERDES/OSERDES makes the pulse width check impossible to meet (at least under some circumstances). 

It is up to Xilinx to figure out where to go from here - if you have followed the XAPP note in the referenced post (and it looks like you did) and you still fail timing, then there is no solution to this problem...

Avrum

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi,Avrumw,

yes, you're correct, it's just a typo here. 

But I still get the pulse width timing violation here. even with same clock_delay_group and clock_root.

Waiting for guys from xlinx to help on this.

0 Kudos