UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor girireddy
Visitor

Timing constraints not met

I am using Artix 7 fpga. What ever period I set, it is showing timing constraints not met. How to set correct period or timing constraints.timing.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Timing constraints not met

@girireddy,

What ever period I set, it is showing timing constraints not met.

Very wrong way to debug. And it should never be this way.

You clock should be more or less fixed and accordingly the design should be adapted.

Without the design details I cannot comment more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor girireddy
Visitor

Is it possible to see delay, power and frequency of the above design in vivado with applying any timing constraints

0 Kudos

Your timing errors are hold time errors, not set up time errors.  Slowing your clock will not fix these.  You need to look at the failing paths and figure out why they are failing.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@girireddy,

To answer this question:

Is it possible to see delay, power and frequency of the above design in vivado with applying any timing constraints

Depending what you mean, yes.

You can open your implemented design, and apply a new clock or a new timing constraint. And then rerun the timing check, and it will reflect those changes. Now, if this is because of missing false paths, it might let you know it all works, but if those constraints allow the tool to do something different, you will have to reimplement to see those changes.

0 Kudos