UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Timing failure in JESD204 IP reset

Jump to solution

I am working on getting a design implemented using JESD204 IP on Ultrascale+, using Vivado 2018.3.

According to the user guide, rx_reset / tx_reset on these cores are asynchronous.

I am getting a timing failure in the async_default group, on a reset path, with a path endings:

• .../jesd204_adc_rx0_0_reset_block/core_reset_reg_reg/PRE
  • .../jesd204_adc_rx0_0_reset_block/state_reg/PRE
  • .../jesd204_adc_rx0_0_reset_block/stretch_reg[*]/PRE

The source and destination clocks on the paths (for the reset) are unrelated, but I have not specified a set_clock_groups to treat these as asynchronous (too broad a stroke).

The IP documentation does not indicate that specific constraints must be applied to these paths. Can I only assume that proper synchronization logic is present to handle the reset if I were to add a false path?

I have created the following constraints which seem to resolve my issue:

set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hier -filter { NAME =~ "*Adc_Dac_If/*/*_reset_block/core_reset_reg_reg*" }]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hier -filter { NAME =~ "*Adc_Dac_If/*/*_reset_block/state_reg*" }]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hier -filter { NAME =~ "*Adc_Dac_If/*/*_reset_block/stretch_reg[*]*" }]]

Any insights?

I looked in the xdc file supplied with the JESD204 core, and did not see any similar constraints.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

回复: Timing failure in JESD204 IP reset

Jump to solution

Yes, you can apply the constraints to fix this issue, the constraints are safe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Yes, you can apply the constraints to fix this issue, the constraints are safe.

View solution in original post

Teacher drjohnsmith
Teacher

Jump to solution
@nathanx
wonder if you could add a request to modify the documentation, and / or request the resets are converted to synchronous in the IP block,
Notes in the forum are good , as are answer records, but they are much harder for users to find.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Until now, we don't see others customer reporting this issue, and the JESD204 IP is no longer maintained, so it will not be fixed.

0 Kudos