Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Timing with 2018.1 failing but was passing with 2017.4

Jump to solution

Left on Friday with the design passing timing. Came in Monday and updated to 2018.1 and now timing is failing in a bunch of places by some significant amounts. Has anyone seen this? Is there something I need reset before building?

I understand that some stuff may change and tight timing may sometimes fail but these failures are by many nanoseconds on many nets that were passing with ease previously.

Regards, Ray Haynes, Ostendo Technologies, Inc. Carlsbad, CA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Timing with 2018.1 failing but was passing with 2017.4

Jump to solution

Ok I'm guessing it's a bit of a bug when switching versions. I changed the implementation strategy from Vivado Implementation Defaults (Vivado Implementation Defaults 2017) to Performance Explore and it build without timing issues. Then change it back to Vivado Implementation Defaults (Vivado Implementation Defaults 2018) and again it build correctly.

Why this surprised me was I had updated all the IP to the new 2018.1 versions so I figured it would have had to rebuild the whole project. But apparently not so. I'm guess changing the strategy did cause the full rebuild and flush out what ever was wrong.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Timing with 2018.1 failing but was passing with 2017.4

Jump to solution

Ok I'm guessing it's a bit of a bug when switching versions. I changed the implementation strategy from Vivado Implementation Defaults (Vivado Implementation Defaults 2017) to Performance Explore and it build without timing issues. Then change it back to Vivado Implementation Defaults (Vivado Implementation Defaults 2018) and again it build correctly.

Why this surprised me was I had updated all the IP to the new 2018.1 versions so I figured it would have had to rebuild the whole project. But apparently not so. I'm guess changing the strategy did cause the full rebuild and flush out what ever was wrong.

View solution in original post