UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor davemac22
Visitor

TimingAnalyzer very slow for large Virtex 5 design

Are there any tips to speed up timing queries using the Xilinx  timing analyzer gui?  It seems to take hours for the tool to complete a simple enpoint path query on my large virtex 5 design. 

Is there a way to speed it up by filtering out a lot of the uninteresting nets after the tool is launched?

As well, when I launch the timing analyzer thru the command line in standalone mode via:  timingan, It seems to launch the older version of the analyzer for this design.  I have launched the TA for a much smaller virtex 5 design in the same and it seems to launch the newer anaylzer version (GUI appears more modern).  Is there an explanation for that?

Is it better to use PrimeTime or some other 'real' STA tool for these larger virtex 5/6 designs?

thanks

dave mc

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor nkmis111
Visitor

Re: TimingAnalyzer very slow for large Virtex 5 design

I too am experiencing painfully slow timing analyzer responsiveness on a Virtex 5 design.  It is hard to believe that anyone would release software that performs this way to the public even for free much less for a price.  I'm getting nothing out of this crap.  Any function (resize window, scroll, click on anything) produces an hour glass that lasts for 5 or 10 minutes.  Anyone know of any alternative to this all but useless Xilinx Timing Analyzer?
0 Kudos
Visitor dballesteros
Visitor

Re: TimingAnalyzer very slow for large Virtex 5 design

same here, the option in gui timing->run analysis even for only one net with V5, just freeze the window for hours. I'm running ISE 11.4 (windows) but I think previous versions 11.x have the same issue.

Any workaround for this?

diego

Message Edited by dballesteros on 02-09-2010 03:10 AM
0 Kudos