UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCF: tnm_net

Hi, I'm working with a Virtex-6 FPGA, so I have to use ISE. In the UCF Constraints Guide (UG625, http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/cgd.pdf, page 194) it is said, that I can constrain a clock net directly without using a tnm_net: NET “net_name” PERIOD = period {HIGH|LOW} [high_or_low_time] INPUT_JITTER value; But there is also the warning/recommendation not to do this: "Caution! This is a secondary method, and is not recommended." Specifying a tnm_net is probably useful, when you have several nets you want to group, but if this is not the case, will there be any problems using this "secondary method"?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: UCF: tnm_net

Just don't do it...

This "secondary" method has probably been obsolete for more than a dozen years. No one ever uses it. As such there is always a higher likelihood to encounter an untested "feature" associated with this format...

Other than the one extra line of UCF code, there really isn't any disadvantage to defining the group...

Avrum

0 Kudos