UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer yukkmn
Observer

What is difference "Report Timing Summary" and "Design Timing Summary"?

Jump to solution

Hello, everyone.

When I watched "Report Timing Summary", I found "Total Number of Endpoint" differ from "Timing Summary - impl_1".
#"Timing Summary - impl_1" means result of "Open Implemented Design".

"Report Timing Summary" has more endpoints than "Timing Summary - impl_1".
What is difference?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: What is difference "Report Timing Summary" and "Design Timing Summary"?

Jump to solution

Hi @yukkmn ,

Design Timing Summary is a sub report of Report Timing Summary. Check page number 30 of below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug906-vivado-design-analysis.pdf

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @yukkmn ,

Design Timing Summary is a sub report of Report Timing Summary. Check page number 30 of below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug906-vivado-design-analysis.pdf

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Observer yukkmn
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, rshekhaw.

I want "Design Timing Summary" means result of "Open Implemented Design". It is not sub category.
In "Design Runs" tab, I think "WNS","TNS" and etc are the same value in "Timing" tab.
But when I retrid to get timing information by "Report Timing Summary", NEW tab said it differ from first result.
I want to kow this issue!

What is the firtst timing tab name resulted of "Open Implemented Design"? I don't know this name. So It made me difficult to explain status.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The two should match.

The Design timing summary automatically opened after opening implemented design was the timing summary report generated at the end of Implementation run.

Then the "report timing summary" that was manually run in the implemented design should give the same "WNS/TNS..." results if you were using the default settings.

If they don't match, can you attatch the two reports?

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos