Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Zynq US+ MDIO critical warnings in timing summary

Jump to solution

I'm using a Zynq US+ part and have implemented an GEM (Gigabit Ethernet Mac) interface using using EMIO. I've enabled the MDIO interface as well. The zynq ip block MDIO signals are routed to a xilinx PCS/PMA Ethernet core for GMII <-> SGMII conversion. After implementation i get 2 critical warnings related to the zynq MDIO connections.

1. a "no_clock" on design_wrapper/design_i/zynq_ultra_ps/inst/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOMDC

2. a "unconstrained_internal_endpoints" (specifically for maximum delay) on design_wrapper/design_i/zynq_ultra_ps/inst/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOI

The zynq ps is the Master of the MDIO inteface and I would expect it to be the provider of whatever constraints are necessary, especially in terms of the clock as I have no control of the rate on the PL side.

Should I just ignore these or what can I do to properly constrain the design?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Zynq US+ MDIO critical warnings in timing summary

Jump to solution

For other Customers experiencing this issue, 

This issue was fixed in Vivado 2019.2.

As a workaround, please manually create the clock constraint using the following command:

create_clock -period 400.000 -name mdio_mdc_clock [get_pins design_1_i/zynq_ultra_ps_e_0/U0/PS8_i/EMIOENET0MDIOMDC]

After that, please run implementation again and generate a new check timing report to verify the workaround corrected the issue.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  And if you constrain the path to the fpga pin with -datapath_only:

set_max_delay -datapath_only -from [get_pins {design_1_i/zynq_ultra_ps_e_0/U0/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOTN design_1_i/zynq_ultra_ps_e_0/U0/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOTN}] -to [get_ports {mdio_enet1_mdio_io_p}] 9.0

you get a clock segmentation warning.

What is the proper way to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

For other Customers experiencing this issue, 

This issue was fixed in Vivado 2019.2.

As a workaround, please manually create the clock constraint using the following command:

create_clock -period 400.000 -name mdio_mdc_clock [get_pins design_1_i/zynq_ultra_ps_e_0/U0/PS8_i/EMIOENET0MDIOMDC]

After that, please run implementation again and generate a new check timing report to verify the workaround corrected the issue.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos