UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant baf2099
Participant

Zynq US+ MDIO critical warnings in timing summary

I'm using a Zynq US+ part and have implemented an GEM (Gigabit Ethernet Mac) interface using using EMIO. I've enabled the MDIO interface as well. The zynq ip block MDIO signals are routed to a xilinx PCS/PMA Ethernet core for GMII <-> SGMII conversion. After implementation i get 2 critical warnings related to the zynq MDIO connections.

1. a "no_clock" on design_wrapper/design_i/zynq_ultra_ps/inst/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOMDC

2. a "unconstrained_internal_endpoints" (specifically for maximum delay) on design_wrapper/design_i/zynq_ultra_ps/inst/PS8_i/EMIOENET1MDIOI

The zynq ps is the Master of the MDIO inteface and I would expect it to be the provider of whatever constraints are necessary, especially in terms of the clock as I have no control of the rate on the PL side.

Should I just ignore these or what can I do to properly constrain the design?

0 Kudos