cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

no clocks in design

Hai,

I am using Vivado, kintex-7. After synthesis, i am doing timing analysis. but report_clocks showing no clock found in the design. But i defined the clock as fallows

0 Kudos
6 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55248.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
graces

Did you receive any critical warning with regards to the create_clock command?

What's the clocking topology like?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

hai,

no critical warning. I am using board clock coming from oscillator

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

can you please send your code. I would like to reproduce at my end
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

hai,

i can't send design.. when i give command report_clocks, showing

WARNING: [Vivado 12-3502] Design has no clocks defined.

0 Kudos
viviany
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What do you get if you run the following constraint in Tcl console in the Synthesized design?

create_clock -name CLK_108MHz -period 9.26 -waveform {0 4.63} [get_ports CLK_108MHz]

And what do you get if you then run report_clocks after running the above constraint?

-Vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos