cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ouput offset timing

hi,

I am trying to specify output offset constraints on a source synchronous device.

in this i am sending out  clock and data simultaneously. in this data is driven by a pad clock (pad_clk) and the ouput clock (clk_out) is the output of DCM 24Mhz.

the min delay between the clk and data should have 2.1 ns.

i specified the offset of 24ns on the data path. it is meeting the timing with a 17.26 ns.

On the clock path i saw delay from the DCM output to output clock port is 10ns.
when i dump this bitcode on the virtex6 device i am not seeing any response. but if i shift the clock by 180 degrees i am able to get the response.

could you please add your valuable suggestion to my query.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
eteam00
Professor
Professor

Have you considered using the falling edge of the 24MHz clock to register the output data?

Are you using an ODDR block to generate the 24MHz output clock from the 24MHz DCM output?  This is the customary implementation for generating output clocks from a fabric clock of the same frequency.  See this thread for the simple explanation.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos