cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong timing requirement 0.000 while 1.500 expected

Jump to solution

Hello,

With an implemented design open, I have my source synchronous input DDR interface constrained for 142MHz:

DDR_RX_142MHz.png

If I set 333MHz, instead, I get the following:

DDR_RX_333MHz.png

In the column "Requirement" it says 0.000, I would have expected 1.500.

constraints where defined as

create_clock -name HDMI_RX_CLK_P -period 3.0 [get_ports HDMI_RX_CLK_P]

set_input_delay -clock HDMI_RX_CLK_P -max [expr 1.6] [get_ports HDMI_RX_P*];
set_input_delay -clock HDMI_RX_CLK_P -min [expr 1.4] [get_ports HDMI_RX_P*];
set_input_delay -clock HDMI_RX_CLK_P -max [expr 1.6] [get_ports HDMI_RX_P*] -clock_fall -add_delay;
set_input_delay -clock HDMI_RX_CLK_P -min [expr 1.4] [get_ports HDMI_RX_P*] -clock_fall -add_delay;

why is it constrained with 0.000 ns?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thakurr

Hi @theultimatesource

To my understanding for DDR interface with 333 MHz clock, the set up requirement is expected to be 1.5 ns while hold requirement is 0 ns. The hold requirement is calculated one clock edge before to the set up. For hold, data is launched and captured on same clock edge for ideal scenario.

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
thakurr

Hi @theultimatesource

To my understanding for DDR interface with 333 MHz clock, the set up requirement is expected to be 1.5 ns while hold requirement is 0 ns. The hold requirement is calculated one clock edge before to the set up. For hold, data is launched and captured on same clock edge for ideal scenario.

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post