UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor murali@1996
Visitor

Camera Link Receiver

Hiiiii,

in VIVADO, for Serial IO ip, the Camera link Transmitter and Receiver Selection is Availbale upto 7 Series FPGA, and if I Select the Ultrascale Device, the Available option in the Serializer is only 4,8 bit. and No Specific interface related Selection Like 7 series Device...?

Why....????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Camera Link Receiver

0 Kudos

Hi murali@1996

We have High speed SelectIO Wizard IP for the Ultrascale and Ultrascale+  devices which creates RTL that contains IO and clocking Logic such as 

RX/TX Bitslice control and PLL blocks customized to the user interface requirements.

RX_TX_Bitslice, RX_bitslice and TX_Bitslice are the native primitives for US/US+ architecture and gets instantiated/configured according to the HSSIO IP settings.

In short this is totally different IP . The SelectIO wizard Utilizes IODELAY and IOSERDES  Primitives which are Component mode Primitives in US/US+ devices.

Component mode in the sense , they are created primitives from RX_TX_bitslices.

We have Application note which utilizes Component mode primitives to construct LVDS Source Synchronous 7:1 Serialization and Deserialization interfaces which  are widely used in consumer devices such as televisions and Blu-ray players for video processing when passing data between components

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1315-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

Alternatively as there is no ready template for camera link receiver when using HSSIO IP, you need to analyse the interface detailing (Clocking, data rate, No of pins ) and configured HSSIO IP accordingly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor murali@1996
Visitor

Dear @watari

Yes,

I referred and I did the implementation also. whenever I am adding those 7:1 files to the design, the Remaining global clocks not showing in Debug search to take debug window. once the serdes macro is commented, again the expected clocks are available in debug window....

I am going to use that serdes that you have provided. in parallel i am looking for alternate solutions also.....

Thanks and regards

Murali

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi murali@1996

Could you explan your target frequency ?

It might be PLL range issue...

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor murali@1996
Visitor

hi @watari

Now am in implementation stage only, not yet connected with hardware. The camera link frame clock speed is from 25 to 85MHz, i am going start with 25MHz.

regards 

Murali M

0 Kudos