UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

DRC 23-20 - IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary

Jump to solution

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (PDCN-2708) IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary - IDELAYE3 system_timer_1/u_system_timer_strobe_align/u_idelay/u_idelay_master participates in a delay cascade with IDELAYE3 system_timer_1/u_system_timer_strobe_align/u_idelay/u_idelay_slave_middle that crosses an IO Bitslice byte or bank boundary and cannot be routed properly.

I'm trying to use a cascade of 3 IDELAYE3 devices, and they're setup like in UG571 page 174 Figure 2-18 (Rev June 12, 2018), but even if I move the pin around I am getting this implementation error.

I am looking at the pin map of our device located at:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/packagefiles/usapackages/xcku115flvf1924pkg.txt

Below is the relevant cascade from the synthesis view; it looks correct to me, but maybe I'm too "close" to it.

CASCADE_XILINX_FORUM.PNG 

Thanks for taking a look!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DRC 23-20 - IDELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary

Jump to solution

Hi .@.@.v.@.@.

In your implementation you have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain . It should be IDELAYE3 -ODELAYE3-IDELAYE3.

Capture.PNG

other point to consider here

The delay elements can be cascaded up to the byte boundary in a downward direction, So make sure that you have at least one unused IOB below the IOB used for receiving Sync_strobe_in  input in the byte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply if you have any queries, give kudos and accept as solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi .@.@.v.@.@.

In your implementation you have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain . It should be IDELAYE3 -ODELAYE3-IDELAYE3.

Capture.PNG

other point to consider here

The delay elements can be cascaded up to the byte boundary in a downward direction, So make sure that you have at least one unused IOB below the IOB used for receiving Sync_strobe_in  input in the byte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any queries, Give Kudos and Accepts as Solution

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct, thank you!

0 Kudos
Observer chenj15
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I got same error message (ODELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary)  and I do have cascaded  IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3-IDELAYE3  in the chain.  

The detailed error message is 

[DRC PDCN-2709] ODELAYE3_cascade_crosses_byte_boundary: ODELAYE3 JetCam_Test/Gen_Top_RX[3].GP5301_RX_Shift_Register/ODELAYE3_inst2 participates in a delay cascade with IDELAYE3 JetCam_Test/Gen_Top_RX[3].GP5301_RX_Shift_Register/IDELAYE3_inst3 that crosses an IO Bitslice byte or bank boundary and cannot be routed properly.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @chenj15 

Can you please create an new thread ?  The older one is already answered and your issue seems to be little different

0 Kudos
Observer chenj15
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for replay,

How to create a new thread? I never did one before.

Jim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @chenj15 

Follow the below steps

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos