UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

KCU105 board 16G SFP+ links

Visitor

KCU105 board 16G SFP+ links

Dear experts, I would like to establish a 16G (14.025Gb/s data rate) SFP+ links using the GTY transceivers provided by the KCU105 evaluation board. I am a little confused regarding the specification required to establish the link. From what I understand the sfp+ modules provided with the board support a maximum line rate of 10G, so I need to buy new modules. I am between those two http://www.mouser.ch/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=FTLF8529P4BCVvirtualkey58360000virtualkey508FTLF8529P4BCV http://www.digikey.fr/products/fr?keywords=AFBR-57F5PZ but i see that for 16G links I need to comply with the following specification ftp://ftp.seagate.com/sff/SFF-8081.PDF. This describes everything you need for a 16G SFP+ fiber channel link. But for the plug and cage of the sfp+ module I need the SFF-8432 specification. The board SFF+ specification is SFF-8431. My question is are the two modules above compatible with the board, and is it possible to establish the 16G link? Thank you very much and sorry for the long massage!!

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: KCU105 board 16G SFP+ links

[ Edited ]

Both the SFP modules you mention are suited to 16G Fibrechannel.

The SFP+ modules will fit in the SFP+ cage on the KCU105.

The GTH transceivers on the FPGA (which I think has an FF package, -2 speedgrade) are rated to work at 16.375Gb/s, and will handle 14.025Gb/s just fine.

(BTW, "16GFC" is actually 14.025Gb/s on the line.)

Things I haven't checked:

• Whether the PCB is good for 14.025Gb/s
  • Whether the right reference clock frequencies are available
  • Whether there is an IP core that will make it all work.

Allan