UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Mistake in the US+ Product Selection Guide ?

Dear Xilinx users,

can it be that there is a mistake in the Kintex Ultrascale+ Product Selection Guide.?

Does the smallest devices KU3P and KU5P have GTY transceivers with 32Gbps, while the bigger devices have only GTH transceivers supporting data rates only up to 16Gbps ???

I assume this is a mistake isn't it?

USP_Overview.PNG

Best regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mistake in the US+ Product Selection Guide ?

Stgateizo,

Nope not a mistake. You can check this in vivado as well. Not everyone needs 32.75Gpbs transceivers. These are meant for different set of applications which do not require them.

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello tenzinc,

I just wondered why the DP 1.2 and DP 1.4 Rx/Tx Subsystem is not supported by KU3P and KU5P, but with KU9P and bigger devices, although the KU3P and KU5P have faster transceivers. It seems it has nothing to do with the transceivers?

Best regards

stgateizo 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello tenzinc,

so if I want to integrate a DP1.2 or DP1.4 Rx/Tx Subsystem together with a 25Gbe ethernet subsystem, then the smallest device is a KU11P ???

Best regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos

Hi @stgateizo,

DP1.4 SS IP will support GTY in 2018.3. So you can pick any of these devices ;)

As always, when you are starting a new project, you should contact your FAE to find the best solution for your needs.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hellor florentw,

thank you for this information. It's good to know that the small US+ devices will support DP1.4 in Vivado 2018.3.

You said:

"As always, when you are starting a new project, you should contact your FAE to find the best solution for your needs."

In principal I agree to your statement, and I will defenitely contact our FAE when we would start a new project, but if I would contact our FAE each time I'm brainstorming about possbile new projects, I think our FAE would not be pleased. By the way, if I would contact our FAE, I'm sure it would nevertheless result in a Service Request, but with the drawback of some additional delay...

Best regards

stgateizo

0 Kudos