UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of VCCINT current by SYSMON on VCU108 board.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would like make a tcl script to get the energy consumed by SYSMON (JTAG) on VCU108 board.

To do this, I want to measure voltage and current samples, then calculate the power.

I can get VCCINT with "get_property VCCINT [get_hw_sysmons] from the tcl console.

But from the tcl console, I did not find how to get the current. While on the VCU108 board there is a measurement of the current of each power rails.

Could someone tell me how (or where) the VCCINT current is named by SYSMON on VCU108 board?

Thank you,

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Name of VCCINT current by SYSMON on VCU108 board.

Jump to solution

@drjohnsmith wrote:
If I remember, the on fpga chip adc can measure voltage , but not current.
does the VCU180 have a separate power monitor chip

Yes, Sysmon can only do Voltage readings. On VCU108, in conjunction with an onboard analog multiplexer (Analog Devices ADG707) and inline Kelvin sense resistors and an amplifier, the UltraScale SYSMON ADC measures the current on eight rails namely VCCINT,VCCBRAM, VCC1V8,VCCAUX, VADJ_1V8, VCC1V2, MGTAVCC, MGTAVTT

Below circuit for VCCINT as an example

VCU108_SYSMON.JPG

@guillaume_118 wrote:

It seems to me that for using the system controller, I need to instantiate the SysMon IP in the Vivado project ?

Correct. Below from Page#118 of UG1066 v1.5

vcu108_sysmon_design.JPG

@guillaume_118 wrote:

What I can not find is the .tcl command to access the current from Vivado.

Unless the current is not accessible in JTAG from Vivado?

If your design has the SYSMON instantiated, you should be able to monitor the AUX channels in Vivado HW manager (through JTAG). The conversion to current though needs to be done by you based on the current sense scaling done on the VCU108 for the individual rails. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Name of VCCINT current by SYSMON on VCU108 board.

Jump to solution

Hi @guillaume_118

You can get power number by VCU108 System Controller on page 108 for more infomration, ug1066:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/vcu108/ug1066-vcu108-eval-bd.pdf

Thanks

Simon

Thanks
Simon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

回复: Name of VCCINT current by SYSMON on VCU108 board.

Jump to solution

Hi @simon  ,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to me that for using the system controller, I need to instantiate the SysMon IP in the Vivado project ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @drjohnsmith ,

Thank you for your reply.

The board VCU108 has a Zynq-7000 that manages the system controller. And if I well understood, the board has current sensors.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@drjohnsmith wrote:

Yes, Sysmon can only do Voltage readings. On VCU108, in conjunction with an onboard analog multiplexer (Analog Devices ADG707) and inline Kelvin sense resistors and an amplifier, the UltraScale SYSMON ADC measures the current on eight rails namely VCCINT,VCCBRAM, VCC1V8,VCCAUX, VADJ_1V8, VCC1V2, MGTAVCC, MGTAVTT

Below circuit for VCCINT as an example

VCU108_SYSMON.JPG

@guillaume_118 wrote:

Correct. Below from Page#118 of UG1066 v1.5

vcu108_sysmon_design.JPG

@guillaume_118 wrote:

If your design has the SYSMON instantiated, you should be able to monitor the AUX channels in Vivado HW manager (through JTAG). The conversion to current though needs to be done by you based on the current sense scaling done on the VCU108 for the individual rails. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)