UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New FPGAs Supporting 3.3V IO

Hello, I've been using Altera FPGA's for a long time and have noticed that Altera's newer FPGAs do not support 3.3V IO. Are Xilinx FPGA also moving away from 3.3V IO?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New FPGAs Supporting 3.3V IO

Our newest family is the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC and there are three types of banks, the HP, HD and MIO.

The HD and MIO banks support 3.3V : http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds925-zynq-ultrascale-plus.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sandrao,

Hi, thanks for responding to my post. That is very good news. With Altera's new FPGA's I would have to put a ton of voltage translators on my board. 

Have a great day. 

Joe

0 Kudos
Highlighted

From here you should read carefully the Ultrascale Select-IO User Guide and the Zynq TRM. 

As you proceed be sure to understand that the MIO pins will enable you to interface with peripherals from the processor sub system. The MIO do support 3.3V signalling but not every peripheral is 3.3V. 

On the FPGA side the HD bank does support 3.3V signalling but there are limitations on the available IO STANDARDS, some restriction on clocking (there is no clock managment tile adjacent to the bank for example). A maximum data rate of 250Mbps is supported. HDIO is intended for low speed control and status signals. 

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, can you please check if the Virtex FPGA supports 3.3V IO?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Kudos

So if you look at the package overview section in UG575 you see the conceptual diagram of each VUP device. 

In this case you can see we only support HP banks. there is no version of Virtex Ultrascale+ that supports HD banks. 

Keith 

0 Kudos