UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Partial Reconfiguration for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC

Visitor

Partial Reconfiguration for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC

Hello,

I wanted to investigate partial reconfiguration with the ZU+. Currently, I have a ZCU102 ES1 kit and a couple ZCU102 ES2 kits in lead time.

When testing a simple partial reconfiguration project for the ZCU102 ES1 kit, I encountered this error report:

ERROR: [Vivado 12-4164] Partial Reconfiguration bitstream generation is not supported for part xczu9eg-ffvb1156-2L-e-es1.

Switching to the ZCU102 ES2 kit, I encountered a similar error report:

ERROR: [Vivado 12-4164] Partial Reconfiguration bitstream generation is not supported for part xczu9eg-ffvb1156-2-i-es2.

I went over to the UG909 - 2016.4 and noticed the following on Page 7:

• UltraScale+™ devices:
    • This release includes initial support for UltraScale+ devices. Because only engineering silicon is currently available from Xilinx, bitstream generation is disabled for these devices.
    • Device support is limited to these devices: KU9P, KU15P, VU7P, VU9P, VU13P, ZU7EV, ZU9EG

So, my question is: Are there any plans for partial reconfiguration to support the ES1 or ES2 versions of the ZCU102? Will we need to wait for the non-ES release of the device?

Thanks,

- Sebastian

Re: Partial Reconfiguration for Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC

@ssabogal,

This needs to be checked with factory. Can you please contact Xilinx FAE to get the correct answer for your query.

https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/sales-reps.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------